The Yanks sport the 4th best farm system in baseball. They rank 1st in pitching, but 18th in hitting.
Robbie Cano is the best young second baseman in baseball. He certainly is. Now if only he can improve his patience and defense.
Surprisingly, Scout.com ranked Venezuelan catcher Jesus Montero the Yanks 4th best prospect, ahead of Clippard, Chamberlain and Kennedy. Strangely, they have yet to rank: Hughes (given #1), Tabata (given #2), Betances and Sanchez. Something’s amiss.
Ron Villone will join the Yanks in Tampa on a minor league deal. Too bad. I was hoping another team would sign him so the Yanks could get another draft pick.
Mo is pissed about Bernie’s and his own contract situation. I think this is pretty much a non-story. Cash Money will talk to Rivera and relax him. But I have no doubt he’ll be resigned after the season for another 2 years (barring injury). At least this will take attention away from Arod for a while.
- Yankee News – August 24 edition
- Yankee News – June 20 edition
- Yankee News – November 29 edition
- Yankee News – January 25 edition
- Yankee News – January 29 edition
- Baseball Prospectus unveils its Yankee prospect list
- More Yankee moves: Doug Mientkiewicz in, Randy Johnson out
- Claude Lemieux signs two-way deal with Sharks
- Randy Johnson Traded to Diamondbacks
- Yankee Prospect Update Dec. 20
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed