Another NHL goalie has bit the dust for the 2006-07 season.
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Blue Jackets goaltender Pascal Leclaire, limited to 24 games this season because of injuries, will miss the rest of the season with knee problems.
Fredrik Norrena has taken over as the starter with Brian Boucher, recently claimed off waivers from Chicago, as his backup.
Leclaire had surgery Dec. 28 to repair torn cartilage in his left knee. He re-aggravated the injury last month and was placed on injured reserve because of stiffness and swelling in the knee. The team said Thursday Leclaire won’t play again this season.
Leclaire, who entered this season as Columbus’ top goaltender, was 6-15-2 with a 2.97 goals-against average.
With that record, you wonder if the Blue Jackets will miss Leclaire in goal. On the other hand Columbus’ offensively makes the Florida Panthers look a goal scoring machine. No one on the Blue Jacket roster has reached 20 goals for the season.
- Let the trading begin- Columbus sends Goalie Pascal Leclaire to Ottawa
- Twenty three days to the NHL trading deadline
- Rookie Goalie Steve Mason stymies Washington, Columbus wins 3-0
- Snapped- Nashville beats Columbus 4-3
- Niklas Backstrom, Steve Mason, and Tim Thomas named Viezina Finalists
- Goalie Steve Mason at it again- Columbus blanks Ottawa 1-0
- Columbus Blue Jackets fire Coach Ken Hitchcock
- Minnesota Wild sign G Wade Dubielewicz
- Does it look as if I need help?- Columbus routs Detroit 8-2
- Vancouver Canuck Goalie Roberto Luongo to miss All-Star game
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed