DMN beat writer Jean-Jacques Taylor takes some fan questions in his latest column. This one intrigued me:
Q. What are the questionable positions this year, to where a rookie can come into camp and possibly win a starting job? - Shane Theriot, Inland Empire, Calif.
TAYLOR: If we’re honest, there’s not really a position on offense where a rookie would come in and be expected to start. On defense, the only position where a rookie could come in and be expected to start is free safety and, maybe, left outside linebacker if Greg Ellis’ recovery from a ruptured Achilles’ tendon didn’t progress as fast as the trainers figured it would.
Now, this is a team that went 9-7, collapsed down the stretch, and lost in the first round of the playoffs. Yet, Taylor is almost certainly right.
With a roster that deep–there’s only been one addition through free agency thus far–how did the team fare so badly last year? Bill Parcells is supposed to be a genius and Hall of Fame caliber motivator, right? How did he do so poorly with that much talent on the roster?
- Miami Dolphins trade DE Jason Taylor to the Washington Redskins
- Dallas Cowboys Slimming Down Under Wade Phillips
- Dallas Cowboys Sign FS Tony Parrish, Wave KR Skyler Green
- Dallas Cowboys Roster Cuts
- NY Giants trade TE Shockey to New Orleans
- Cowboys Leadership Losses Mounting
- Washington Redskins release DE Jason Taylor
- Cowboys Re-sign Ayodele to Replace Injured Ferguson
- Terrell Owens Playing with Torn Tendon on Right Hand
- Cowboys Re-Sign DB Marcus Coleman
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed