Is Randy McMichael about to be traded?
The Sun-Sentinel is reporting that the Dolphins are shopping around the franchise’s all-time leader in most tight end statistics.
A source said today that the Dolphins are shopping Randy McMichael, who is the franchise’s all-time leader in catches (283) and receiving yards (3,096) for a tight end. The Dolphins are asking for a third-round pick, the source said.
McMichael, a 2002 fourth-round draft choice, is coming off his third consecutive season with at least 60 catches. The Dolphins, though, are revamping their roster under new General Manager Randy Mueller, who already has released four veterans (defensive end Kevin Carter and guards Jeno James, Seth McKinney and Bennie Anderson) while also re-signing just one of the team’s 15 unrestricted free agents before the signing period began Friday.
McMichael is set to collect a $3 million roster bonus along with his $1 million base salary for 2007. He is under contract with the Dolphins through 2009.
Agent Drew Rosenhaus said today that he was unaware McMichael is being shopped.
The only valid reason for Miami trading McMichael would be the salary cap. Then it should only be a last resort. Trading this tight end would only create another hole for the Dolphins to fill. They already have too many needs as is and I don’t think a 3rd round pick will do it even if its spent on another tight end.
- How about them Dolphins?
- Witten Signs Extension with Dallas
- T.O. Signs Potential Record Contract with Dallas Cowboys
- Boomeranged- Miami makes a waiver mistake on LB Joey Porter
- Cowboys Keep Terry Glenn
- Miami Dolphins re-sign tackle Vernon Carey
- The Culpepper – Lemon – Feeley – Harrington Effect
- Are the Miami Dolphins about to cut Daunte Culpepper?
- Packers Give Favre More Time to Make Up His Mind
- Jacksonville Jaguars reacquire WR Ernest Wilford
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
- Â» OTB News
- How about them Dolphins? linked with OTB Sports
Comments are Closed