Jake Plummer says he may retire rather than start over with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, to whom he has been traded.
In a twist that could scuttle a proposed trade to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, veteran quarterback Jake Plummer told friends and business associates Friday afternoon that he plans to retire from football, rather than to continue his NFL career in another city.
ESPN.com reported Friday morning that the Denver Broncos had reached agreement in principle on most of the elements of a trade that would send Plummer to the Bucs, where he would compete with Chris Simms for the starting job.
A man making millions for being a mediocre quarterback should stick around.
- Jake the Snake to Peace Corps?
- Plummer’s Job Security Takes Another Big Hit!
- Bucs, Chris Simms Close to 2-Year Extension
- Jake Plummer cited for alleged road rage
- Freeman to the rescue- Tampa Bay beats Green Bay 38-28
- Cleveland Browns trade QB Brady Quinn to Denver
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers fire Coach Jon Gruden
- Broncos Trade 1st Rounder to 49ers for 2nd and 3rd
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers release QB Brian Griese
- Iverson Traded to Nuggets for Joe Smith and Two #1s
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed