The former Pittsburgh Steeler Linebacker was just recently signed by the Miami Dolphins. From the Sun-Sentinel-
Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter was cited for misdemeanor battery Sunday after allegedly punching another NFL player in the face outside a Las Vegas casino.
Porter had a brief altercation with Cincinnati Bengals left tackle Levi Jones while at a gaming table at the Palms Casino, Las Vegas Police Department spokesman Martin Wright said today. Porter and Jones each left the table but then had a confrontation in the casino’s valet parking area, Wright said.
Wright said Jones, who chose to press charges, received on-site medical treatment for a small laceration. Jones also claimed several of his gold chains were stolen during the melee, Wright said.
A source said Jones is telling those close to him that he was “jumped” by people who were with Porter. Wright said there was a “large crowd” at the valet area but that he had no other information about whether anyone else was involved in the incident.
“They were playing blackjack and had some type of verbal altercation,” Wright said.
Maybe Porter took the words ‘Hit me’ said by Jones to the blackjack dealer literally.(Cue the sarcastic laughter)
- Boomeranged- Miami makes a waiver mistake on LB Joey Porter
- The Short Bus: Drop Your Lawyer Pacman Jones!
- Mike Tyson: Las Vegas Freak Show
- NBA All-Star Game Bad For Business
- Miami Dolphins sign LB Karlos Dansby and QB Chad Pennington
- Arizona Cardinals sign LB Joey Porter
- Cowboys Selling Zach Thomas #54 Jerseys
- Cleveland Brown CB Eric Wright all right after rollover crash
- Parcells Fires Mueller, Cameron Next?
- How about them Dolphins?
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed