The news doesn’t surprise me.
RANCHO MIRAGE, Calif. – Michelle Wie will not play the Kraft Nabisco Championship next week while she recovers from a wrist injury, the first LPGA Tour major championship she has missed in two years.
Wie injured her right wrist during a fall last month.
“While the rehabilitation of her wrist is on schedule, Michelle wants to make sure she gives fans everything she can the next time she steps on the course,” said Jesse Derris of Ken Sunshine Consultants, a public relations firm the Wie family has hired to handle press inquiries. “She’s not there yet.”
Her next appearance is expected to be in Orlando, Fla., the week after the Masters.
I’d be very surprised if Michelle plays in Orlando. My own predicition is she’ll be out till mid-spring at least. Both her wrists are injured, there is no sense exasperating their condition by coming back too soon.
See previously Will Michelle Wie play the LPGAâ€™s first major of 2007?
- No brainer- Michelle Wie invited to play at the Kraft Nabisco Championship
- Will Michelle Wie play the LPGA’s first major of 2007?
- Move over Michelle Wie Part IV
- More on Michelle Wie’s Ginn Tribute withdrawal
- Michelle Wie confident but says injured wrists will never be the same
- Michelle Wie withdraws from Safeway
- He’s back- Tiger Woods wins Arnold Palmer Invitational
- Michelle Wie won’t play at Sony Open
- Move over Michelle Wie Part II
- Michelle Wie withdraws from the Ginn Tribute
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed