It looks as if the NCAA may be moving away from the baggy shorts and oversized jerseys to a skin tight top and what appears to be a skirt or some kind of kilt. Of course the uniform is supposedly built like the “tattoo culture” where everyone has the same uniform but you can customize it to be unique.
Starting tomorrow night, four top schoolsâ€”Arizona, Florida, Ohio State, and Syracuseâ€”will don Nike’s System of Dress, a radical new look that brings Raf Simonsâ€“style proportion-play to the hard court. Complementing the aforementioned shorts are formfitting jerseys ten inches smaller in the torso, resulting in a second-skin look that’s more Bode Miller than Ben Wallace. Players will also be able to customize their uniforms by adding options like padded shorts (to protect against the errant knee or elbow) and Dwyane Wadeâ€“style leg wraps.
As for me, well I won’t be rushing out to buy my own version with my own personal pieces of flair. The idea that you want every player to be able to make themselves different from their teammates strikes me as counter to the idea of a team all together.
- Atlanta Braves New Road Uniforms
- Dallas Cowboys Uniform Changing for 2010?
- Chargers Unveil New Uniforms for 2007
- Steelers Add Throwback Unis and Mascott for 75th
- Jaguars to Make Cowboys Wear Dark Jerseys in Heat
- Dallas Cowboys New Uniforms for 2010?
- Penalty shot
- NCAA Moves Men’s 3-Point Line
- D-II school cancels opener citing lacking of helmets and pads
- Ottawa Senator Jarkko Ruutu suspended two games for bite
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed