I think the NHL missed the boat with this suspension.
TORONTO – The NHL suspended Nashville Predators winger Jordin Tootoo five games for punching Dallas Stars defenseman Stephane Robidas in the face.
Robidas was knocked unconscious on the play late in the third period Saturday night in a 3-2 win by the Predators in Nashville.
“While a player is entitled to defend himself, Mr. Tootoo’s forceful blow to Robidas’ head was an overly aggressive and inappropriate response,” NHL senior executive vice president and director of hockey operations Colin Campbell said in a statement Monday.
Robidas was carried off the ice on a stretcher and was taken to hospital. He’s out at least a week with a concussion.
Tootoo will miss five games. Robidas will miss at least three because of the punch. Tell me if you that is an equitable deal.
- Jordin Tootoo gets new deal from Nashville Predators
- Nashville Predators trade Goalie Chris Mason to St. Louis
- Nashville Predators suspend Alexander Radulov for playing in Russian league
- NHL owners approve scheduling changes
- Washington Capitals Donald Brashear suspended for six games
- Snapped- Nashville beats Columbus 4-3
- Did the NHL make a mess of the 2009-10 schedule?
- Thrown hockey stick leads to Colorado Avalanche victory
- Baseball GMs Recommend Instant Replay
- NHL does not supsend Matt Cooke for hit on Marc Savard
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed