In what is certain to be a series that eclipses 60 Minutes in terms of recurrence and longevity, the Boston Red Sox are hinting that their closer will be…someone. Sean McAdam has the details
[T]here are subtle indications that the Sox may be rethinking their position and considering Mike Timlin as the odds-on favorite to open the season as the Red Soxâ€™ ninth-inning man.
While Pineiro has struggled to find a consistent release point in his delivery, he has struggled mightily on the mound. In three appearances covering three and one-third innings, Pineiro has given up six hits, three walks and four earned runs.
Tuesday in Jupiter, Pineiro threw better, but still walked a batter and fell behind hitters.
Timlin, on the other hand, has yet to appear in a game, his spring slowed by a minor oblique strain that sidelined him for the last 10 days or so.
Opening Day is still more than three weeks away. So don’t go drafting Timlin for your fantasy team. This is bound to change. Probably weekly. But it does indicate the Red Sox are more than willing to explore all of their options. Even the old ones.
- Pineiro to Red Sox?
- Sonnanstine Showed Flashes of Brilliance
- No margin for error- Arizona beats the Dodgers 4-3
- Detroit Tigers demote Dontrelle Willis to Class A Ball
- Marlins Preview: Willis and Co.
- Divison II School’s Pitchers throw back to back no-hitters
- Venditte, vidi, vici
- Tom Glavine Best Clutch Pitcher Since 1990
- Royals Make Off-Season’s Most Insignificant Trade
- Phil + Joba + Mo = win
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed