The 19-year-old has broken the law twice in the last month.
COLUMBIA, S.C. – South Carolina quarterback Stephen Garcia, arrested twice in recent weeks, will not participate in the Gamecocks’ upcoming spring practice.
Garcia was arrested Saturday and accused of damaging a professor’s car with a key. Last month, the 19-year-old was arrested and charged with drunkenness and failing to stop for a police officer.
“Stephen Garcia will be suspended from all football team activities through the end of this semester,” Spurrier said in a statement Tuesday. “He will be expected to go to class and study hall but will not participate in any spring practices or team football meetings.”
Spurrier said he hoped Garcia would make “an all-out effort to get his personal life in line with our other Carolina football players and eventually reach his full potential as a student-athlete.”
He’s going to miss spring practice? That may be a reward instead of a punishment.
Note- I fixed this post from what I originally wrote. The Yahoo headline was deceptive and I fell for it. No oee to blame but myself.
- Spurrier Signs Extension with South Carolina
- Steelers First Round Pick Facing Possible Suspension
- Sacramento King Francisco Garcia breaks his right arm
- QB Jeff Garcia signs with Oakland Raiders
- Bama Taking Time in Coaching Search
- Candidates for Alabama Football Coach
- Lakers Owner Busted For DUI
- Denver Bronco WR Kenny McKinley dead at 23
- That 70′s show- Florida outfights Philadelphia 4-1
- White powder scare at U of Michigan Football practice
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed