From the St. Petersburg Times-
Bucs running back Lionel Gates, a member of the practice squad last season, was arrested by Hillsborough County deputies overnight accused of several charges, including aggravated assault on a pregnant woman.
Gates, 25, is also accused of burglary of an occupied dwelling and criminal mischief.
Details of the arrest aren’t immediately clear, but Gates is being held at the Orient Road Jail and has not yet been granted bond.
Any assault on a pregnant woman is inexcusable. The Buccaneers should immediately release this thug.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers S Jermaine Phillips charged with domestic battery
- Cincinatti Bengals cut Chris Henry
- Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy sues accuser, witness for defamation
- Clemson Men’s Soccer Coach Trevor Adair resigns
- No DNA Match in Duke Gang Rape Case
- New Orleans Saints DE Charles Grant stabbed in assault
- Is golfer Annika Sorenstam pregnant?
- Oregon RB LaMichael James arrested on domestic violence charges
- Duke Lacrosse Case Charges to Be Dropped
- Texas Community College Women’s basketball coach arrested
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed