Clarence Hill reports that the Dallas Cowboys are bringing in St. Louis Rams running back Trung Canidate for a workout Thursday.
Canidate, drafted 31st overall by the Rams in 2000, has been out of football since 2003 because of a foot injury. He is now healthy and trying to make a comeback. According to a source, the Cowboys view his workout as more of a look-see, but if Canidate is impressive he could get an invitation to training camp.
The 5-foot-11, 212-pound Canidate has recently been timed in the 4.4-second range in the 40-yard dash.
Running back is an area of depth for the team but, if the price is right, it couldn’t hurt to take a look at Canidate. Still, unless Julius Jones is traded, it’s going to be hard to justify even veteran minimum for this guy.
Jones, a former 2nd round choice, finally stayed healthy for an entire season last year. Many argue that their third down back, Marion Barber, is really their best back. And speedster Tyson Thompson is back from injury and should compete for playing time.
- Rams Sign Stephen Davis to 1 Year, $850K Deal
- Dallas Cowboys 100-Yard Rushers
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 1 #22 – Dallas Cowboys – RB Felix Jones
- Cowboys Looking to Trade Pick for Star WR
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 4 – Dallas Cowboys – RB Tashard Choice
- 11 Dallas Cowboys Make Pro Bowl
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 5 – Dallas Cowboys – CB Orlando Scandrick
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 4 – Dallas Trades Down Again – And Again!- And Again!
- Cowboys Should Break Bank for Vinatieri
- Dallas Cowboys Camp Battles
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed