Todd Archer reports that the Cowboys have signed quarterback Brock Berlin.
Berlin worked out for the team last month and is a favorite of new offensive coordinator Jason Garrett, who worked with Berlin for two years in Miami. Berlin was cut twice by the Dolphins in training camp.
Berlin, 6-0, 213 pounds, was once the No. 1 player coming out of high school before signing with the University of Florida in 2000. He later transferred to Miami where he was a two-year starter, throwing for 5,099 yards with 34 touchdowns and 23 interceptions. He played last spring for Hamburg in NFL Europe with seven touchdowns and seven interceptions.
This addition should not affect the team’s draft plans.
No kidding. Still, it can’t hurt to have some competition for the 3rd quarterback spot. Presumably, Wilson is a one-year stopgap as backup. If Berlin can mature into a reliable #2, he’d be a great acquisition.
- Miami Dolphins acquire QB Tyler Thigpen from Kansas City
- Seattle trades QB Seneca Wallace to Cleveland
- Veteran NFL Quarterback Trent Green announces his retirement
- London to Host NFL Game
- Arizona Cardinals release QB Matt Leinart
- Testaverde Returning for 21st Season
- NFL QB Daunte Culpepper announces his retirement
- Washington Redskins sign QB Rex Grossman
- Cowboys Draft Washington QB Isaiah Stanback (as WR?)
- New Orleans Saints sign veteran QB Joey Harrington
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed