The New Jersey Devils and Detroit Red Wings booked tickets to the 2nd round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, with their Game 6 wins in their respective series on Sunday. This leaves the Dallas Stars and Vancouver Canucks as the only teams who have not finished their 1st round series, they play Game 7 tonight in Vancouver.
The Detroit Red Wings have won thier series against the Calgary Flames in six games by scores of 4-1, 3-1, 2-3, 2-3, 5-1, & 2-1.
The New Jersey Devils have won thier series against the Tampa Bay Lightning in six games by scores of 5-3, 2-3, 2-3, 4-3, 3-0, & 3-2.
- Rangers Sweep Thrashers
- Calgary Flames fire Coach Mike Keenan
- Tampa Bay-New Jersey game postponed after some lights in the arena fail
- Post NHL All-Star game playoff assessment- Western Conference
- NHL Playoff Time – 1st Round Edition
- NJ Devils hire Jacques Lemaire to be head coach
- Slap shot- Carolina beats NJ 2-1 in overtime
- Canucks Top Stars in Game 7, Take Series
- Calgary Flames to hire Mike Keenan
- Martin Brodeur earns 95th career shutout
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed