Frank Thomas’s prodigious talents hitting home runs throughout his illustrious 17-year Major League Baseball career have been well celebrated.
However, the sight of Mr. Thomas, nicknamed the Big Hurt, swinging a pillow at a child in a commercial for the Toronto Blue Jays is not being as well received, at least by officials who regulate advertising on Canadian private television.
To win approval for unrestricted airing of its commercial, the American League club had to revise the original 30-second spot, which features a carefree Mr. Thomas in a pillow fight with a couple of young boys who are hopping on a bed.
The Blue Jays counter with their resposne to the censorship at the hands of Canadian Officals by adding a Frank Thomas Kids Pillow Night in September for the first 5,000 kids 14 and under. Nice job by the ball club countering another example of a stupid government policy, because in realtiy the commercial is pretty funny.
- Toronto Blue Jays release Frank Thomas
- New Charter flight rules causing headaches for sports teams
- Jays Place Overbay on DL, Call Up Prospect Thigpen
- Toronto Blue Jays fire Manager John Gibbons, bring back Cito Gaston
- MLB First Baseman Frank Thomas retires after 19 years
- Overbay and Jays Finalize 4yr $24M Deal
- Niklas Backstrom, Steve Mason, and Tim Thomas named Viezina Finalists
- MLB Pitcher Joe Kennedy dead at 28
- Can we have some Football along with those commercials?
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed