The Kansas City Chiefs drafted LSU wide receiver Dwayne Bowe with their first pick in the 2007 NFL Draft.
What the Experts Say:
- Rick Gosselin’s Final Ranking: 25th overall
- Mel Kiper Final Ranking: 30th overall
- Scout.com Final Ranking: 33rd Overall
Player Evaluation: Productive throughout college, Bowe has the physical makeup and dimensions to be a number two receiver at the next level. Has his game on an upswing and offers starting potential as a rookie.
AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT: Elusiveness with Catch, Route-Running Skills, Speed
Biography: Three-year starter awarded All-Conference honors as a senior after totaling career-best numbers of 65/990/12. Led the team in receiving as a junior, producing 41/710/9, after 39/597/5 as a sophomore.
Pos: Big, possession wide out who significantly improved his consistency as a senior. Sells routes, settles into the open spot of the defense and always works to become an available target. Uses his frame to shield away opponents and protect the pass. Lays out for the difficult reception or gets vertical to pull the ball from the air. Displays good eye/hand coordination, effectively uses the sidelines and makes the reception in stride. Solid downfield blocker.
Neg: Lacks the deep speed and cannot stretch the defense. Occasionally drops a catchable throw.
Wonders never cease. It seems like Kansas City’s top need the past five seasons has been receiver and they haven’t taken one since they drafted Sylvester Morris in 2000. The hope is Bowe pans out and there’s reason to be optimistic. He has outstanding size, he catches the ball well and he makes fluid cuts so he clearly has the potential to develop into a reliable possession receiver. Though he doesn’t have elite speed and he isn’t going to run by defensive backs, he is big and fast enough to make the occasional play downfield so he can stretch defenses vertically. With the Larry Johnson expected back and Bowe taking advantage of TE Tony Gonzalez keeping the safeties occupied, this offense should be even more productive than is was last year despite the likely departure of Trent Green.
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #27 – New Orleans Saints – WR Robert Meachem
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #9 – Miami Dolphins – WR Ted Ginn
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #2 – Detroit Lions – WR Calvin Johnson
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #30 – San Diego Chargers – WR Craig Davis
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #31 – Chicago Bears – TE Greg Olsen
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #19 – Tennessee Titans – S Michael Griffin
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #32 – Indianapolis Colts – WR Anthony Gonzalez
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #20 – New York Giants – CB Aaron Ross
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #10 – Houston Texans – DT Amobi Okoye
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #22 – Cleveland Browns – QB Brady Quinn
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
- NFL Draft 2007 - Round 1 #30 - San Diego Chargers - WR Craig Davis linked with OTB Sports
Comments are Closed