My wife called to tell me that Peter Yarrow of “Peter, Paul, and Mary” fame was going to be on the Tony Kornheiser Show on Washington Post Radio talking about an incident where the former sleepwalked into the latter’s home.
I couldn’t find anything about the incident on GoogleNews and finally found this on Wikipedia:
In the early morning hours of March 28, 2007, Yarrow was allegedly involved in a strange incident in Washington, D.C. A man claiming to be Yarrow, disoriented after a long flight from Israel, walked into the home of Tony Kornheiser, a sportswriter for The Washington Post. Mr. Kornheiser’s wife, Karril, confronted the stranger who at that point began apologizing for his mistake and identified himself as Peter Yarrow from Peter, Paul, and Mary. He claimed that he was looking for a house with the same address but on a nearby street and that his confused condition was the result of jet lag. He left, and the police were not called. Mrs. Kornheiser neglected even to mention the incident to her husband until the following evening- to his great annoyance (being an avid fan of Yarrow’s music). On his daily radio show, Tony Kornheiser has speculated (jokingly) that because Yarrow has not contacted him to apologize for the incident, the person must have been the “Peter Yarrow burglar”, a burglar whose method is to impersonate Peter Yarrow in order to avoid capture. The Israel alibi is suspect, as the website for “Peter, Paul and Mary” lists a performance in Providence, Rhode Island on March 24, 2007.
I’m listening to the show now and Yarrow admits to the incident, although he sticks by his Israel story. He and Kornheiser are having a great time with the whole thing. Yarrow says Kornheiser’s home is much nicer than that of the friend he was intending to visit.
- Kornheiser: “When did you sense that something was wrong?”
Yarrow: “When your wife came out in that extraordinary negligee.”
Kornheiser: “When you saw her, what went through your mind.”
Yarrow: “I was focused on apologizing to her and making sure she wasn’t frightened.”
Mr. Tony apparently slept through the whole thing, until his wife woke him when Yarrow left.
Tony is a big fan of PPM and is “thrilled” by the whole thing. Yarrow promises to sign any and all albums Kornheiser wishes and thanks him profusely for not suing.
- Kornheiser’s First Season on MNF Could Be His Last
- Tony Kornheiser on Monday Night Football
- Why ESPN Sucks
- Monday Night Football on ESPN Sucks
- Steelers, Jaguars in Defensive Slugfest
- MNF Trades Theismann for Jaworski
- Monday Night Football Crew Didn’t Suck
- Play ball (in Israel)
- Carolina Hurricanes fire coach Peter Laviolette
- Dan Patrick Leaving ESPN after 18 Years
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed