In the greatest baseball irony since Chuck Knoblauch hit Keith Olbermann’s mother in the face with a baseball, Jay Gibbons managed to assault his wife during a baseball game, while standing at home plate and batting.
The odds of such an occurrence seem insurmountable, yet Jay Gibbons pulled off the unimaginable feat: He hit a foul ball that injured his wife.
The scene occurred in the ninth inning of the Baltimore Orioles’ game against Minnesota on Saturday. Gibbons fouled a ball straight back over the screen and into the rib cage of his wife, Laura.
All one can say is….”What are the odds?”
- Former Cy Young winner Mike Cuellar dead at 72
- Give that fan a contract
- Baltimore Oriole pitcher injures arm filming promotional spot
- Bucky Showalter named new Manager of the Baltimore Orioles
- Pettitte wins number 200, pulls Yankees to 1.5 games behind Boston
- Dodgers tie consecutive homerun record
- Dontrelle Willis two hits the Texas Rangers
- Edgar Allan Tex?
- Ex-Yankee Hank Bauer dead at 84
- O’s what a relief it is
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed