Not the usual outcome of an errant golf shot.
A Wildcreek golfer who hit a bad shot this evening started a brush fire that consumed 15-20 acres northeast of the golf course, fire officials said.
The golfer had knocked his ball into the grass beyond the course off the 3500 block of Sullivan Lane. When he tried to play back to the fairway, his club struck something that created a spark that started the fire.
â€œHe was totally honest about it,â€ Reno Battalion Chief Curtis Johnson said, adding he didnâ€™t know if the golfer turned in the alarm.
Reno and Sparks fire engines with 45-50 people swarmed the area and were mopping up about 8:30 p.m. A 12-person crew from the Sierra Front Forest Service was to be at the fire site until at least midnight.
Some Florida official will read this story and want to regulate golf shots from the rough. I just know it. We’re in the middle of a drought down here and can’t be having golfers starting brushfires. There has to be a law.(Sarcastic laughter time)
- Will Golfweek’s Rex Hoggard please pick up the red courtesy phone
- UCLA cleared to play opener at Rose Bowl
- Michelle Wie to play in another PGA Tour event
- Will someone at Associated Press please pick up the black courtesy phone
- Will Golf World’s Ron Sirak please pick up the white courtesy phone?
- In Kyung Kim wins Omega Dubai Ladies Masters
- Chamique Holdsclaw Retires Suddenly
- Australian golfer Anna Rawson regrets dykes comment
- PGA Golfer Jay Williamson has
- Royal Birkdale and Taiwanese golfers or Yani Tseng and Mr. Lu
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed