According to Abbie VanSickle of the Tampa Bay Times a teen who lived in the foster care of a relative of Rays OF Elijah Dukes has told police the Rays outfielder got her pregnant.
Detectives believe the sex was consensual and no crime was committed, but the incident has prompted a state review of the foster home. The girl was 17 when she became pregnant, but has since turned 18 and left the foster home.
The inquiry took place in late May, days before a judge barred Dukes from contacting his estranged wife.
The girl, who expects to give birth in November, told investigators she and Dukes had sonsentual sex but Dukes got angry when she confronted him about the pregnancy.
Chris Costello, spokesman for the Rays, said the team would have no official comment, and niether would Dukes. – TBT
This just disgusts me. I’m tired of hearing about Dukes, and I’m even more tired of seeing him play in the Rays outfield. The Washington Nationals have expressed a lot of interest in Dukes and I think the Rays should pull the trigger on a trade even if it’s for a bucket of batting practice baseballs.
Dukes has been out of the lineup for two days and has been dealing with “personal issues”. Delmon Young has stared both games in CF but has expressed he would rather be in RF.
- Rays placed 2B/CF B.J. Upton on the 15-day DL. “It’s been getting better every day,” Upton said after the Devil Rays lost 9-0 to the San Diego Padres. “Take a week or so off and see how it feels.” “The MRI revealed that he needed a little bit of rest,” Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon said. “We’re just concerned about the long haul, pushing him right now. It just wasn’t necessary. We thought it was better to shut him down for right now.” The Rays called up OF Jonny Gomes to take his place on the roster.
- Finally, what all Brewer fans were waiting for: Yovanni Gallardo got the call up to the Majors. Gallardo, 21, is 8-3 with a 2.90 ERA in 13 starts for Triple-A Nashville, and he leads all of Minor League Baseball with 110 strikeouts. According to Adam McCalvy of MLB.com, if the Brewers can avoid using him out of the bullpen this weekend in Minnesota, Gallardo would make his Major League debut Monday against the San Francisco Giants at Miller Park.
- On the downside for Brewers fans though Chris Capuano got hurt warming up in the bullpen before Wednesday’s game.
- Philles closer Tom Gordon could be back by the end of the month.
- Rays CF/DH Rocco Baldelli is currently in extended spring training and could be back by the end of next week.
- Orioles starting pitcher Adam Lowen is out for the year.
- Bud Selig may be giving Yankees DH Jason Giambi a bit of a suspension.
- Marlins reliever Henry Owens is going back on the DL.
-Dodgers fired hitting coach Eddie Murray and named Bill Mueller interim hitting coach. I love the idea of Mueller being a hitting coach. If he doesn’t take over full-time look for him to get a gig as a hitting coach with someone is the next few years.
- The Royals purchased the contract of INF Fernando Cortez and optioned OF Shane Costa to Omaha (AAA). Cotrez is the forgotten man in the Joey Gathright for J.P. Howell deal.
- Good to see Braves 3B Chipper Jones back yesterday.
- The Rays signed veteran reliever Jay Witasick to a one year deal. This is a great move. He is just two years removed from posting a 2.84 ERA in 63.1 innings with 73 SO, 17 holds, and only 53 hits allowed. He had a 3.60 ERA with Oakland this year before they let him go.
- Rays Prospect Dukes Charged with Marijuana Possession
- Rays Dukes Allegedly Threatened to Kill His Wife
- Nothing Beats a Home Opener
- Devil Rays Get Bargain in Iwamura
- Washington Nationals release OF Elijah Dukes
- Rays acquire INF Harris from Reds
- 2007 Rays Stat Projections
- Rays, 2007 and Beyond
- Parcells Fires Mueller, Cameron Next?
- Miami Dolphin Coach Cam Cameron is toast
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed