John Daly‘s wife claims he assaulted himself after assaulting her to make it look he he was the victim.
John Daly assaulted his wife and then covered up the incident by scratching his own face and claiming she attacked him, Sherrie Daly alleges in court papers filed Monday and obtained by The Commercial Appeal.
John Daly told authorities on Friday that his wife tried to stab him with a steak knife, and the golfer had red marks on his cheeks when he showed up to play in the Stanford St. Jude Championship. When deputies arrived at the Daly home, located on the TPC Southwind golf course where the tournament was being held, Sherrie Daly and the couple’s children were not there. Deputies also could not find the knife he claimed she used. No criminal charges were filed, but John Daly sought a protective order against Sherrie Daly to prohibit any contact with him or their 3-year-old son.
According to court documents, she is also seeking a restraining order as well as exclusive use and possession of the Southwind home, custody of the children and continued financial support from John Daly, The Commercial Appeal reported on its Web site late Monday night. Sherrie Daly said her husband gives her a monthly cash allowance ranging from $15,000 to $30,000.
I know nothing about Sherrie Daly and very little about her alcoholic husband. Still, her story seems a bit far-fetched. That she’s taking a huge “cash allowance” every month from her alleged abuser doesn’t make her any more sympathetic, either.
- Rays Dukes Allegedly Threatened to Kill His Wife
- Comeback in the making? John Daly finishes 2nd at Italian Open
- Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy sues accuser, witness for defamation
- Denver Bronco TE Richard Quinn arrested on domestic violence charges
- Former Detroit Pistons coach Chuck Daly diagnosed with cancer
- Kentucky Horse Racing Commission suspends Jockey Calvin Borel
- Kris Benson Cheated on Anna?
- Michael Jordan and Wife File for Divorce
- NHL opposes Detroit Red Wing Jiri Hudler’s KHL deal
- Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy charged with assault
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed