Obviously this is the case.
Tatiana Golovin had the Wimbledon referee reaching for his rule book when she sought to appear on court for Thursday wearing red underwear.
Was Golovin violating the “predominantly white” dress code laid down by the tournament that is such a stickler for sartorial etiquette?
The fashion guardians of good taste at the world’s most genteel tennis tournament gave France’s Golovin the go-ahead after much discussion about hemlines and where they stopped and started.
Explaining the decision, a Wimbledon spokesman said on Thursday: “They were cleared with the referee in advance by the player. On the basis that they are underwear, they do not have to conform to the predominantly white rule.
“If they are above the hemline they are deemed to be underwear and not shorts.”
I do not follow tennis all that close but when I saw this headline on ESPN I immediately clicked on it. I had no idea that Wimbledon was so tight on there clothing restrictions.
Obviously though Tatiana Golovin did this for the attention, and I wonder what will be next? Maybe Sharapova in a thong?
- Wimbledon to pay men and women equally
- Andre Agassi to Retire after Wimbledon and U.S. Open
- Martina Hingis denies cocaine charges, retires
- Israeli Andy Ram allow to play in Dubai
- Rafael Nadal pulls out of Wimbledon
- Venus Williams wins her 5th Wimbledon title
- Dubai denies visa for Israeli tennis player
- Did the NFL Ban the Spike?
- Four Mongolian officials barred for referee bribe at boxing worlds
- Tennis stadium evacuated for bag scare
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed