By taking the first two games of the three-game series, the Colorado Rockies clinched their fifth consecutive series, tying a club record. Thats Hot! For the second straight night the hitter’s spotted Rockies pitching 4 runs. A grand slam by Brad Hawpe, and the Rockies never looked back from there. Getting two more bombs, a 2 run shot off Garrett Atkins bat. And, a solo from Willy Taveras.
Not to be outdone. The Rays put up two home runs themselves. But, it wasn’t enough on this night. The Rockies win 10-5.
The Rockies, winners of four straight, improved to 35-33, and five games behind the Padres in the National League West, and are a Major League best 17-6 since May 22.
- Rockies 7 Game Win Streak
- The Rockies Win, The Rockies Win
- Rockies Take Down The Red Sox
- San Diego Padres and Colorado Rockies to play wild card playoff game
- Evil Empire Invades Coors Field
- Greg Maddux Gets 10 Wins for 20th Year
- 4/25 MLB News and Notes
- Julio Franco Oldest Man to Homer in Major Leagues
- Former NL Umpire Ed Vargo dead at 79
- Who is your NL MVP?
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed