The Colorado Rockies took care of the Boston Red Sox tonight winning 7-1. And, took the series 2-1. If you haven’t noticed the Rockies are playing great ball.
How did they do it? Great pitching. In this series the Rockies Pitcher’s allowed only 5 runs. This, at Fenway Park. This, the fifth best hitting team in the majors (.274). Then there were the bat’s. Despite only scoring 1 run in a loss the first game. The Rockies offense put up a total of 20 runs in the series. Last, I can’t forget health. Couple the bat’s coming alive. And, the return of many injured player’s. And, boom this young team is showing it’s promise to become a baseball team. Outstanding!
Take notice! The Rockies haven’t lost a series in June. And, the last series they lost was May 18-20 against the Royals. They are now at 33-33, and very much in the NL West race.
Side note: This was Josh Beckett’s first loss of the season, he is now 9-1.
- Rockies Continue Hot Streak in Win Over Devil Rays
- The Rockies Win, The Rockies Win
- Evil Empire Invades Coors Field
- San Diego Padres and Colorado Rockies to play wild card playoff game
- Rockies 7 Game Win Streak
- 4/25 MLB News and Notes
- MLB Mid-Season Awards
- Colorado Rockies sign C Miguel Olivo
- Rockies Sign Javy Lopez
- 2007 Predictions: Award and Standings
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed