Golf.com is taking a survey offering eight professional golfers to choose from. To the right is the much overrated(On the course) Natalie Gulbis. Now you know why golf writers can’t stop drooling over her.
On the lower left is another nominee, South Korea’s Grace Park. I’m married to an Asian woman but its hard to vote against Natalie.
Go to Golf.com and take the poll. Remember vote early and vote often!
On a side note, Angel Cabrera leads the US Men’s Open after two rounds. While listening to the NBC broadcast today, Jimmy Roberts described what he called the American slam when talking about Vijay Singh. Namely golfers who have won all three US based major championships.
Like some golf writers, sports announcers need something to talk about and when clueless stick their foot in their mouths. I’ve never heard a mention of the term ‘American slam’ ever before. Lets say if it has been heard before, its an idiotic term. ‘Slam’, comes from grandslam which in baseball is 4 runs. The golf grandslam is four events, if you removed the British Open, three are left. Wouldn’t that then make it like the triple crown in horse racing?
Maybe I’m expecting too much. Namely sports announcers to actually use their brains instead of their mouths.
- When Irish eyes are smiling…again- Padrig Harrington wins the PGA Championship
- Juggernaut- Inbee Park wins the US Open
- Royal Birkdale and Taiwanese golfers or Yani Tseng and Mr. Lu
- It certainly took long enough
- Rachel Alexandra wins the Preakness Stakes
- Grand Slam of Golf leaving for Bermuda- Who cares?
- Beth Ann Baldry- Britain, Canada, what’s the difference?
- Hanging up his spikes for 2006
- Natalie Gulbis- Is she golf’s Anna Kournikova?
- Move over Michelle Wie Part VI
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed