The staff at USA Today is killing time before training camp by putting together a list of the best NFL players during the paper’s existence.
TOP 25 OF THE USA TODAY ERA (1982-2007)
To commemorate USA TODAY’s 25th anniversary, a panel of USA TODAY’s NFL reporters and editors has produced an anthology of the 25 best NFL players of the past 25 years. Working down from No. 25, we are unveiling one player each weekday until training camp season arrives:
They’re up to #18 so far:
This will spark some interesting debates, as the one Tim McMahon has going on with Dallas fans over which other Cowboys players should join Aikman (I’d say Tony Dorsett, Larry Allen, and Emmitt Smith for sure; probably Randy White and Michael Irvin, too).
Nobody currently on the list is objectionable, although Tomlinson would presumably be higher on the list were he further into his career. One could argue whether Troy Aikman was really a better QB than Terry Bradshaw, for example.
That’s what these lists are for, though.
- LaDainian Tomlinson Best Ever?
- San Diego Chargers release RB LaDainian Tomlinson
- Tony Romo Better than Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach?
- Romo Breaks Aikman TD Record – With 7 Games Left
- Giant Killers (G-Men top Cowboys)
- Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders 2007 Training Camp
- Cowboys Off to Great Start
- Cowboys Claim Colts Center Matt Tarullo
- Royals Spring Training Preview – Starting Pitchers
- Aikman Says Romo Best Cowboys QB Ever
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed