Kickholder has a rather startling statistic: Julius Jones needs only three more 100-yard games to rank fourth on the Dallas Cowboys‘ all-time list.
While I think Jones has been unfairly maligned for his performance since joining the team, it’s not like he’s joined a team that hasn’t had it’s share of superb running backs. How could he already be closing in on fourth place all time after three seasons?
Here are the numbers Kickholder has compiled:
Now, anyone with even a passing knowledge of the Cowboys would have guessed that Emmitt and TD would rank 1 and 2. That’s a given. TD was a first ballot Hall of Famer and Emmitt will join him the minute he’s eligible. And, as most know, Emmitt set the NFL career rushing title before going off to fame and fortune with his mad dancing skilz.
Herschel Walker didn’t play all that many games with the Cowboys, having spent his first few seasons in the USFL and then being traded off to the Vikings in the deal of the century. And, yeah, he shared carries with TD his first couple years. But, man, Hershel was a stud. And JJ has shared with MBIII the last couple of years, too.
Dan Reeves and Duane Thomas and Walt Garrison were pretty doggone good ball carriers in their day. And they played before the modern pass-happy era. But, sure enough, Julius already has more big days than they had.
- Jerry Jones, Jimmy Johnson on HOF List
- Dallas Cowboys Trivia
- Tennessee Punter kicks into HD Screen over Cowboys stadium
- Dallas Cowboys NFL’s Winningest Team
- Aikman Says Romo Best Cowboys QB Ever
- Pacman Jones Officially a Dallas Cowboy
- Joe Brodsky, Former Dallas Cowboys Coach, Dies
- Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise
- Cowboys Get Pacman Jones
- 2008 Dallas Cowboys Mock Draft
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed