The Israeli Baseball league’s first season is underway, and a few bloggers have posted their impressions.
A mother in Israel Took her family out to the ballgame. She doesn’t say much about the game but meets some players watching in the stands – he quit his job as an investment banker to play ball in Israel! For those interested 25 Shekel is roughly $6 right now, so the cost of a game is about that of a minor league game. (Actually I believe the price for a Baysox ticket now is $9 and $6 for children.) The cost of the baseball hat is as expensive as a major league hat. I’d guess they’re being priced for collectors.
Guest Blogger at SerAndEz, Eliezer StrongBad writes comprehensively about the Boychiks of Summer. The game experience left something to be desired. He notes that the players range in age from 17 – 51, so I suppose there’s still time for me to retire early and become a professional ballplayer. He did like the radio broadcast.
Life in Israel brings news updates from the league including the first no-hitter and the first game played under protest. I wonder how many lawyers are in the league.
(h/t Life in Israel)
And who knew, the inaugural game was broadcast on WNET!
- Kurtzer and more …
- Israeli Baseball – Dan Duquette
- Investing in minor leaguers
- Seattle Mariners name Don Wakamatsu as manager
- Former MLB pitcher Steve Ridzik dead at 78
- Blown Call Robs Armando Galarraga Of Perfect Game
- WTA given written assurance of Shahar Peer getting a visa to play in Dubai
- Punchy- Fighter claims broadcast of old fight is ruining his life
- CBS leaves the LPGA Ginn Club Open for a suspended play PGA Tour event
- 2002 Australian Tennis Open Champ Thomas Johansson announces his retirement
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed