by Joel Sherman -
Gary Sheffield was half-right, which is a lot different from Derek Jeter being “half-black.”
Sheffield was right that Joe Torre plays favorites. He favors the players who won him the four rings.
Torre loves Jeter best of all. He’d love him if he was half-green, half-awake or half-in-the-bag. Because Jeter and Mariano Rivera are the two players most responsible for Torre’s four rings.
Torre loves Jorge Posada and Bernie Williams and Andy Pettitte, too, because they are the next three players most responsible for the four rings. Torre also loves those five players because they are quiet, professional gentlemen.
I suspect Torre didn’t love Sheffield because he is neither quiet nor professional, and I suspect he likes him even less now because Sheffield won’t shut up about how Torre mistreated him. And now it’s about how Torre mistreated Sheffield because he’s African-American and how he mistreats all African-American players.
- Yankee managers: why should Girardi replace Torre?
- Yankees win in spite of Torre
- Yankees sweep Arizona – winning streak at nine
- Yanks win in 10
- Pettitte wins number 200, pulls Yankees to 1.5 games behind Boston
- Pavano to start Opening Day?!
- The King of Pick-offs
- Torre Takes Mattingly, Bowa to Dodgers
- Yankees finding new ways to lose
- It’s the Yankees, They Better Be Good
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed