SUNRISE, Fla. – John Madden scored twice in the New Jersey Devils’ 4-1 victory over the Florida Panthers on Saturday night, giving Brent Sutter his first NHL coaching victory.
Andy Greene and Mike Mottau also scored for the Devils, who opened the season with a 3-1 loss at Tampa Bay the previous night.
Kevin Weekes started in goal for the Devils and stopped 32 shots. He was particularly strong in the first period when Florida outshot New Jersey 21-9.
Weekes played a great game in goal in place of Martin Brodeur who couldn’t play after having to tend to some personal issues the day before the game.
Unfortunately Sutter’s win made my team, The Florida Panthers, 0-2 so far this year. Florida losing 5-2 to The New York Rangers to open the season.
The Panthers haven’t impressed me so far this season, but I’m not giving up hope for the 2007-08 season. Actually if my health permits, I may see a few games in person this year.
- NJ Devils Goalie Martin Brodeur to miss 3-4 months
- NJ Devil Goalie Martin Brodeur to return to lineup this week
- NJ Devil Goalie Martin Brodeur wins his 40th game of the season
- Goalie Martin Brodeur records 100th career shutout
- To hell with them- Florida beats New Jersey 4-2
- Martin Brodeur earns 95th career shutout
- He’s back- Martin Brodeur and NJ Devils shutout Colorado 4-0
- The show must go on- Ottawa beats Minnesota 4-1
- Devil of a time- Minnesota beats New Jersey 2-1
- NJ Devils Coach Brent Sutter resigns
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed