For the second year in a row, the Miami Dolphins are changing starting quarterbacks after playing the Houston Texans.
Dolphins starting quarterback Trent Green suffered a Grade 3 concussion in Sunday’s loss to the Houston Texans and there is no timetable for his return, according to coach Cam Cameron.
Cleo Lemon, a fourth-year veteran who filled in for Green during Sunday’s 22-19 loss, was named the starter for Sunday’s road game against Cleveland, and will likely keep the job as long as he performs at a high level.
When asked why Green, a 14-year NFL veteran who has a history of suffering bad concussions, should prolong his career instead of retiring, Cameron sidestepped the question by pointing out there are too many unknowns at this time.
“I don’t think we really know the full extend of [the injury]. There are some ongoing tests that are going to take place,” Cameron said. “That’s probably a good question to answer, but there’s probably a legitimate time to answer that question. Right now, I just think there’s too many unknowns, and I don’t see a reason to go there at this point.”
Green laid unconscious on the field for less than five minutes after his head collided with the knee of Houston defensive tackle Travis Johnson while making a legal cut block on a botched reverse.
Cameron’s announcement that he isn’t giving up on Green coming back doesn’t surprise me. A coach always(or should always) expresses confidence in a player after they suffer an injury through no fault of their own.
My opinion- Green won’t play a down at QB until Miami’s bye week(November 5th) has passed or till Buffalo plays at Miami on November 11th. Considering the severity of Green’s concussion and last year’s injury, I say it is only 50-50 he ever plays another down with the Dolphins.
- Trent Green’s concussion worse than first diagnosed
- Trent Green suffers second concussion in two years
- Weekly Miami Dolphins Prediction
- Miami Dolphins put QB Trent Green on injured reserve
- Miami Dolphin linebacker Zach Thomas to miss NY Jets game
- Trent Green and the Miami Dolphins- A steep learning curve
- Former Miami Dolphin QB Trent Green signs with Rams
- Veteran NFL Quarterback Trent Green announces his retirement
- Another quick fix at QB for the Miami Dolphins?
- Time for the fat lady to sing?- Houston beats Miami 27-20
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
- Trent Green’s concussion worse than first diagnosed linked with OTB Sports
Comments are Closed