What are their plans?
BEIJING (Reuters) – Beijing, preparing to host the 2008 Olympics, has ordered hotels to provide condoms in all bedrooms in a bid to stop the spread of HIV/AIDS after cases of infection soared 54 percent in the first 10 months of this year.
Announcing the move, the official Xinhua news agency made no direct reference to the Games, saying only that all the Chinese capital’s 700 hotels must comply by the end of 2008.
With many thousands of visitors due to crowd into the city for the Olympics, which run from August 8 to August 24, every hotel is likely to be sold out.
While hotel managers must provide condoms for their guests, Xinhua said, they are not required to make a loss. The city health bureau said it was up to them how much to charge.
I thought the state set the prices in a communist nation. Then who says mainland China is communist any more?
Will the Olympic athletes get condoms too? If they do, will they be charged?
- Par for the course
- Win at any cost- Chinese school accused of fraud at soccer tourney
- China, Amnesty International and the 2008 Summer Olympics
- Beijing claims profit on Olympic hosting
- Chinese Gymnast Wang Yang Paralyzed
- One in five of China’s athletes lie about their age
- Tyson Gay Out of Olympic 200
- Usain Bolt sets new 100m record
- Former Gold medalist James DeGale wins pro debut
- North Korean gymnasts banned for teammate’s false age
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed