Another chapter in the sad saga of the hapless 2007 Miami Dolphins. From AP-
MIAMI – Ricky Williams’ latest comeback lasted one game. The Miami Dolphins running back will miss the rest of the season with a torn chest muscle, according to his agent, Leigh Steinberg.
Williams was hurt Monday at Pittsburgh, when he played in his first game in nearly two years. He returned following a 1 1/2-year suspension for his latest violation of the NFL drug policy.
Steinberg said the arm will be in a sling from four to six weeks and the rehab will take five months.
But Steinberg said Williams expects to be ready for next season.
Williams was injured in the second quarter Monday on a play when he fumbled. After being tackled, he was accidentally stepped on while chest-down on the ground.
Williams left the game, returned briefly and departed for good after one more carry. He finished with 15 yards in six carries, and the Dolphins lost 3-0 on a last-minute field goal.
Miami running back Jesse Chatman sat out the second half with a neck injury, and his availability for the Jets game is in doubt. The Dolphins’ other running backs are Patrick Cobbs and rookie Lorenzo Booker.
The Dolphins lost starter Ronnie Brown for the season to a knee injury last month.
The injury last night was a total fluke, and in no way Williams fault. With Williams and Brown gone, plus Chatman hurt(Jesse looked like as if he was hurting during play last night. 11 rushes for 15 yards seems to confirm it.), the Dolphin offense is in disarray. The team is 0-11 and it looks doubtful they can beat the Jets this weekend. If Miami doesn’t, they look better than even money to go 0-16 this year.
- From worse to what?- 0-7 Miami Dolphins lose RB Ronnie Brown for rest of season
- Those 0-11 Miami Dolphins
- Ricky Williams seeks NFL reinstatement
- Backup power- Miami Dolphins beat Carolina Panthers 24-17
- Miami Dolphin RB Ronnie Brown to miss Carolina game
- Weekly Miami Dolphins prediction
- Miami Dolphins WR Greg Camarillo out for the season
- League source says Ricky Williams failed marijuana test
- Where are my heart medications? Miami Dolphins beat Minnesota 14-10
- Ricky Williams Has Lackluster CFL Debut
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed