Is the 17th at Trump International unfair?
Hounddog seems to think so-
I think the tournament director needs to rethink that 17th hole. You start with a long par-3 â€“ today it played 177 yards â€“ with a lake on the right and a lateral water hazard on the left. Despite having no bailout option, I donâ€™t really have a problem with that setup. But constructing greenside waterfalls which create a roaring noise to disturb oneâ€™s putting, add in a green which typically gives players double-breaking putts with a high Stimpmeter reading, put the hospitality tent right next to the freaking tee box (from which a cell phone interrupted Karrie Webbâ€™s tee shot today) and tack on the typical fall Florida windsâ€¦letâ€™s see, how about we let the spectators walk in front of the tee box area and toss the occasional smoke bomb during a playerâ€™s backswing next year, just so we can have a par-3 hole average more than four and destroy several players championship hopes.
Lets look at how 17 played on Saturday.
MH Kim 3-2
Christina Kim 2-3
S Lee 3
The ADT’s final eight players played the 17th three under par yesterday. For the week they played the hole in three over par. If you remove Ochoa’s quadruple bogey on Thursday, the top eight played the hole in one under.
As for the rest of the final sixteen
SH Lee 5-3-3
In all the top sixteen played the 17th in 13 over par for the week for a stroke average of 3.2. Seven looks like the terror hole to me, not 17.
- ADT Championship 3rd Round Cut
- She did it- Michelle Wie wins Lorena Ochoa Invitational
- The ADT Championship begins in two days
- Lorena Ochoa wins the Women’s British Open
- Eighteen holes for a million dollars
- Oh so close- Lorena Ochoa edges Jiyai Shin for LPGA Player of the Year
- ADT Championship Day two- The Carnage
- Morgan Pressel’s 2nd round 65 low score for the ADT
- In a blaze of glory- Yani Tseng wins the final Corning Classic
- Lorena Ochoa now ranked #1 in women’s golf
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed