It may have been the result of a change of putting methods. Going from a left hand low to a conventional putting grip. During yesterday’s round Morgan made eight birdies.
Hole 3, 482-yard par 5: birdie â€“ chip from short of green to 3 feet
Hole 4, 364-yard par 4: birdie â€“ 7-iron to two feet
Hole 6, 335-yard par 4: birdie â€“ 50-degree wedge to 12 feet
Hole 10, 388-yard par 4: birdie â€“ 6-iron to 12 feet
Hole 11, 158-yard par 3: birdie â€“ 4-hybrid on the tee to 15 feet
Hole 12, 531-yard par 5: birdie â€“ 6-iron to 15 feet, on the fringe
Hole 14, 374-yard par 4: birdie â€“ 7-iron to two feet
Hole 15, 494-yard par 5: birdie â€“ 60-degree wedge to 15 feet
Morgan’s only blemish was a bogey at the par 4 13th.
An excellent round, put good play with the woods and irons may be just as much responsible for the 65.
Morgan, who is from nearby Boca Raton, was asked if its comfortable being a hometown favorite or if it adds more pressure. She replied-
You know, it’s tough playing in front of your friends and your family. It’s fun, it’s great, I love doing it. But it’s also hard because they’re all cheering for you so hard and they want to see you do well.
Morgan had a big gallery yesterday and today’s is certain to be even be larger. She tees off with Mi Hyun in today’s final pairing at 11:30 a.m.
Remember all scores reset today. So in actuality with have a sixteen way tie for the lead.
- Rough Day for Morgan Pressel
- Lorena Ochoa wins the ADT Championship
- Pak is Back
- Nine holes with Christina and Mi Hyun Kim
- Fourteen holes with Sherri Steinhauer and Christina Kim
- Declawed- Y.E. Yang wins the PGA Championship
- Nationwide Tour player aces sames hole on back to back days
- Assorted ADT Championship notes
- Declawed- Tiger Woods win streak ends at seven
- Road rage- Hole 17 at St. Andrews to play as a par five for The Women’s British Open
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed