I followed today’s co-leaders on the front nine.
Mi Hyun(or Peanut’s) round- Could be best described as a short game highlight reel. On holes 1-5, with the exception of hole 3 where she two-putted for par, Mi Hyun got up and from off the green. On the par four sixth, Peanut made a putt from about 10 feet for birdie to go -6. She gave back this stroke on the next hole by hitting it over the 7th green. A good pitch and run to 10 feet, and Mi Hyun couldn’t make the putt. Two ordinary pars resulted in a front nine 36 for Mi Hyun.
Christina’s round- She birdied the par five 3rd hole by two putting from 20-25 feet. Then on the Par three fifth, Christina looked ready to make another birdie. Her ten footer barely missing the hole, but the putt didn’t stop. A three putt bogey four was the final result.
A bogey five after an errant drive on hole #8, sent Christina to minus four for the tournament. Christina shot 37 for the first nine holes.
Overall Christina and Mi Hyun should make the cut comfortably. They remain -4 and -5 respectively through 11 holes. The cut at present would fall at +3.
- Fourteen holes with Sherri Steinhauer and Christina Kim
- Nine holes with Cristie Kerr and Christina Kim
- Morgan Pressel’s 2nd round 65 low score for the ADT
- Declawed- Y.E. Yang wins the PGA Championship
- ADT Championship 3rd Round Cut
- Rough Day for Morgan Pressel
- Pak is Back
- M.J. Hur wins Safeway Classic
- Phil Mickelson tied for US Open lead after three rounds
- Jiyai Shin wins her 3rd LPGA event of 2009
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed