Christina Kim who I reported on, and Mi Hyun Kim are tied for the lead at 67. Paula Creamer and Juli Inkster are one shot back at 68, and Cristie Kerr and Catorina Matthew another shot back at 69.
Having the first round lead doesn’t matter as much under the ADT’s unique format, because scores will be reset at the end of today’s play. It does however take some pressure off the golfers who are at or near the top. They know their first round scores give them a considerable edge when it comes to making the cut.
Some assorted notes
*- Paula Creamer said she had the worst warmup in her life on the practice tee yesterday morning. If I was superstitious, I’d be hoping for a repetition all weekend.
*- Juli Inkster at age 47 is the oldest player in the field. When asked if she practices thinking this shot is for a million dollars, Juli replied.
“No, but my husband does. He practices for me (laughter).” I wonder if Juli’s daughters are practicing too.
*- Mi Hyun Kim has gone back to her old irons. That and her swing have her feeling confident at present.
*- Christina’s close call on the 6th hole(flirting with the water on the right) was a fade that got away from her.
I’ll be in attendance again today but not till the afternoon.
- Eighteen holes for a million dollars
- ADT Championship 3rd Round Cut
- 2008 LPGA Tour Preview
- Peanut wins the Semgroup Championship
- Jimin Kang wins Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia
- The ADT Championship begins in two days
- ADT Championship- Defending champion Juleta Granada not playing
- Golf World’s Ron Sirak is an imbecile
- Handicapping the ADT
- She did it- Michelle Wie wins Lorena Ochoa Invitational
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed