Out of today’s final eight players, only Sarah Lee didn’t speak to the press after yesterday’s final round. When her round finished, Lee looked destined for a playoff. In the end Sarah made the cut with a shot to spare.
The general information about Sarah is-
She is 28 years old
Never won on the LPGA Tour
Shot a 60 in the first round of the 2004 Welch’s/Fry’s Championship
Sarah has had several chances to win but been unable to close. This year’s Michelob ULTRA Open at Kingsmill being the latest example. After opening 63-68, Sarah could only come in solo third.
Things most people don’t know about Sarah are-
She was born in England to South Korean parents.
What is the explanation for her change of name from Jung Yeon to Sarah
That Sarah likes to collect baseball caps.
She is one of the few South Korean LPGA golfers to have graduated college.
Sarah’s best finish this year was a solo second at Sybase. There Sarah opened 66-69-65, giving her a two-shot lead over Lorena Ochoa going into the final round. Sarah then shot a final round 73 to lose by three shots.
Yesterday Sarah, playing with Karrie Webb as she will be today also, shot a steady round of 70. Sarah has improved her score every day(74-71-70) so far this tournament. The only other finalist who can claim the same is Karrie Webb(76-70-68).
Out of today’s finalists, Sarah will be the last person anyone will be expecting to win. I wouldn’t argue with that statement, for Sarah is the only non-winner left today. However I remind people of two things.
Sarah’s ability to shoot very low numbers(Her 60 in 2004)
No one predicted Julieta Granada to take home the million dollars last year.
- ADT Championship notes
- Assorted ADT Championship notes
- ADT Championship 3rd Round Cut
- Domination- Jiyai Shin wins the Women’s British Open
- Ji Yai Shin wins the ADT Championship
- ADT Championship Sunday- 18 holes for a million dollars
- Sorenstam’s Mizuno winning streak ends at five
- Annika Sorenstam turns down Samsung World Championship Invitation
- The drought is over- Seon Hwa Lee wins Ginn Tribute in playoff
- The ADT Championship starts today
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed