Their streak ends at 23 games. From the Miami Herald-
FIU ends 23-game losing streak
Now that is how you close out college football at the Orange Bowl.
Playing in the historic stadium’s final college football game, Florida International used a precise passing game, a stifling defense and a surge of emotion to beat North Texas 38-19 and end the nation’s longest losing streak at 23 games.
Congratulations to the Golden Panthers. I’m sure everyone is relieved the streak is over.
There will be a few more football games played at the Orange Bowl. Including a state high school football playoff game next Friday involving my alma mata, Deerfield Beach. Do I want to see my first HS game in almost 25 years?(I graduated HS in 79, but attended a few games up till 1983)
Note- I just found out one of Deerfield’s most noted alumni is a pornographic actress. No mention of a blogger who gives out Knucklehead awards? Darn!
Now who has the longest losing streak in Division one football?
Southern Methodist, Idaho and Minnesota now share the nation’s longest losing streak at 10 games.
Get it into gear guys. Who wants to be known as the worst of the worst.
- UCF ties up O’Leary through 2015
- Streaks- Oklahoma City beats New Jersey 105-89
- Navy agrees to play in 2013 Bowl game
- Six is it- Charlotte beats NY 114-105
- NY Giants sign DE Jerome McDougle
- Bush Sees Parallels with St. Louis Cardinals
- 17 in a row- Chicago Cubs beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 4-2
- It’s over- Detroit beats Washington 19-14
- The Bowl Experience
- Two high school football games moved due to burrowing owls
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed