The Panthers last road win against the Thrashers was in November 2003. From AP-
ATLANTA – Nathan Horton scored two goals for the first time since last March to help the Florida Panthers beat the Thrashers 5-3 on Thursday night and end an 11-game losing streak in Atlanta.
Panthers coach Jacques Martin won his 497th game, putting him in 10th place and one ahead of Glen Sather on the NHL career list.
In his third season with Florida, Martin has 90 victories. He also coached 8 1/2 years in Ottawa and two in St. Louis.
Vokoun, who stopped 38 of 41 shots, improved to 6-1-2 in his last nine games, 18-12-2 overall.
Last night’s win pulls Florida 2 pts behind Carolina in Southeast Division race. Both teams have played an equal amount of games.
Florida plays 5 games over the next nine days, starting with Montreal tonight. Teams the Panthers play include New Jersey, NY Islanders, and Pittsburgh three of their chief rivals in the fight for the playoffs. I think we are going to find out just how good Florida is in the next two weeks.
- Rout- Florida Panthers beat Toronto Maple Leafs 8-0
- Atlanta Thrashers remove Coach Bob Hartley
- Are the 2007-08 Florida Panthers over the hump?
- How about them Florida Panthers?
- Home away from home- Tampa Bay beats Atlanta 2-1
- Post NHL All-Star game playoff assessment- Eastern Conference
- Capitals Alex Ovechkin scores 60th goal of the season
- Are we ready for some Florida Panthers hockey?
- Florida’s 6-3 win over Boston puts them one point out of division lead
- The toothless Florida Panthers- Shutout three games in a row
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed