The Golden Rainbow finish their Cinderella season by overcoming a 21-point deficit.
Honolulu, HI (Sports Network) – Colt Brennan threw for 442 yards and five touchdowns, and Ryan Mouton intercepted a Jake Locker pass in the end zone with three seconds remaining as 11th-ranked Hawaii overcame an early 21-point deficit to beat Washington, 35-28, ending its regular season undefeated for the first time in school history.
Hawaii (12-0) took the lead with 44 seconds remaining on a five-yard pass from Brennan to Ryan-Grice Miller, but just 20 seconds later the Huskies were threatening with a 1st-and-goal at the four. Locker was dropped for a two-yard loss, then tossed the interception, which was tipped in the air in front of Mouton.
Brennan completed 42-of-50 passes for Hawaii, which clinched its first outright Western Athletic Conference title last Friday and is now certainly headed to a BCS bowl game.
Hawaii is a Division one school, they went undeated. No one else can say that. Am I missing something, but is there a team out there with one loss?
So the Golden Rainbows should be in the title game. They won’t, which tells you the BCS is screwed up.
- Ship wreck- Navy beats Notre Dame 23-21
- Did Saban Run Up the Score?
- Buzzer beater- LA Clippers beat Boston 92-90
- Oregon St. fires basketball coach Jay John
- 35 points down but triumphant- Sacramento beats Chicago 102-98
- Can anyone here play this game? Golden State beats Detroit 95-88
- Golden State Warriors suspend Stephen Jackson for 2 games
- NFL Draft 2011 Round 1 #8 Tennessee Titans QB Jake Locker
- Keep digging- Indiana beats Phoenix 122-114
- It takes a retreat- Miami Heat break 15-game losing streak
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed