A bit of baseball history becomes a chew toy. From AP-
BOSTON – The World Series ball is gone, and Jonathan Papelbon has an excuse: My dog ate it. Farfetched or not, that’s what the Red Sox closer insists happened to the souvenir from the final out of Boston’s sweep this year.
Really, Papelbon blamed it on his bulldog, Boss.
After the game, Varitek said he planned to give the prize to the team. A few days later, he said he’d given it to Papelbon.
Instead, the relief pitcher said, Boss got hold of that doggone ball.
Papelbon told a similar tale to the New England Sports Network for a story that aired Nov. 30 â€” but with a slightly different ending. He told NESN he threw what was left of the ball in the trash.
“It’s in the garbage in Florida somewhere,” he said
Something tells me boss secretly works for a baseball owner with the same nickname. Any baseball conspiracists agree with me?
- Red Sox Jonathan Papelbon fined for slow play
- Red Sox Closer Update
- Rope-a-Dope Confirmed?
- Red Sox 2006 draft graded as the best
- HBO Drops inside the NFL
- MLB suspends Detroit Tiger Fernando Rodney for toss into crowd
- Versus-DirecTV dispute will affect Mountain West Conference Football viewers
- Papelbon to Close
- NFL’s Meaningless Contracts Good for the Game?
- Bedard to Seattle!?
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed