He did however score three goals while playing in England during the 2004-05 NHL lockout. From AP-
TORONTO – The last time Wade Belak scored an NHL goal, Jean Chretien had just finished his final term as prime minister, a Canadian dollar was worth less than an American one and, well, it was a very long time ago.
Nearly four years â€” and one lockout â€” later, Wade Belak found the back of the net again, helping the Toronto Maple Leafs beat the Nashville Predators 3-1 Tuesday night.
His last goal is far enough in the past â€” 143 games ago, not counting the three he scored in England during the lockout â€” that even Belak would have had to look it up.
“God, I don’t know when it was,” Belak said after his 407th NHL game â€” and career goal No. 8.
For the record, his seventh came on Dec. 20, 2003.
The clock resets for Belak now. How long before goal #9? I’d predict not before the 2008-09 NHL season. How about you?
Low goal scoring defensemen are hardly unusual in the NHL. Rod Langway is in the Hall of Fame and he had more seasons with zero goals and seasons with goals scored.
- Clipping their wings- Florida pounds Atlanta 8-4
- Alex the Great- Washington trounces Toronto 6-1
- Florida Panthers waive Wade Belak
- Minnesota Wild Marian Gaborik scores five goals vs. NY Rangers
- Home New Home- Calgary beats Minnesota 5-2
- The incredible Tomas Vokoun
- Florida Panther Steven Reinprecht scores a hat trick in less than one period
- Rout- Florida Panthers beat Toronto Maple Leafs 8-0
- Florida Panthers- Even more pain
- Holding on for dear life- Florida Panthers defeat Tampa 4-3
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed