He is the third winningest active goalie in hockey today. From AP-
DETROIT – Red Wings goalie Chris Osgood, off to a fast start this season, has signed a three-year extension with the team.
The 35-year-old Osgood leads the NHL in both goals-against average (1.68) and save percentage (.932), and has a 19-2-1 record in 22 appearances. Both losses were 3-2 decisions. No other NHL goaltender with at least 10 appearances has only two regulation losses.
The deal runs through the 2010-2011 season.
Osgood has 355 victories, third among active goaltenders and tied with Rogie Vachon for 15th on the career list. He has shared netminding duties this season with Dominik Hasek, who has a 14-6-2 record for the NHL-leading Red Wings.
I think a more than solid argument can be made for Osgood as the best goalie today. The hottest goalie in hockey at present is Pittsburgh’s Ty Conklin who is 8-0 this year with a save pct around .940. Conklin is a 31-year-old journeyman called up to replace injured Marc Fleury.
- Penguin’s goalie Conklin stops 50 in 4-2 win over NY Islanders
- Goalie Dominik Hasek retires after 16 seasons
- Colorado-Detroit 10 Years Later
- Niklas Backstrom, Steve Mason, and Tim Thomas named Viezina Finalists
- Pittsburgh defeats Detroit 2-1, wins Stanley Cup
- Nashville Predators trade Goalie Chris Mason to St. Louis
- Chris Chelios plays in record 248th NHL Playoff game
- Minnesota Wild sign G Wade Dubielewicz
- NHL Playoff Time – 1st Round Edition
- John Smoltz and Chipper Jones Lead NL, Near Milestones
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed