Don’t laugh. The cats need help at the position. From the Miami Herald-
ATLANTA — The Panthers’ banged-up defense got some help Thursday as Florida swung a deal for Chicago’s Magnus Johansson.
Florida surrendered a seventh-round pick in the 2009 NHL Draft for Johansson, a 34-year-old rookie. Until joining the Blackhawks this season, Johansson had spent his entire pro career in Europe. Last season, he was captain of his Swedish team, Linkoping.
In 18 games this season, Johansson has zero goals and four assists.
The Panthers need defensive help with Mike Van Ryn (wrist), Cory Murphy (shoulder), Noah Welch (shoulder) and Branislav Mezei (hand) out with injuries.
Florida is badly banged up at Defense. I hope Johansson can help turn the team around. The Panthers have lost five of their last six games.
- Florida Panthers re-sign Jassen Cullimore
- Florida Panthers acquire Defenseman Steve Eminger from Tampa Bay
- How about them Florida Panthers?
- Atlanta Thrashers sign Noah Welch and Anthony Stewart
- Florida Panthers sign defenseman Dennis Seidenberg
- Florida Panthers- Even more pain
- Florida Panthers trade Dominic Moore to Montreal
- Florida Panthers waive forward Jozef Stumpel
- Holding on for dear life- Florida Panthers defeat Tampa 4-3
- Former Heavyweight champ Ingemar Johansson dead at 76
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed