The event will be played on the course that hosted the Mitchell Co. Tournament of Champions since 1999. From Golf Week-
The LPGA announced Thursday the creation of the Bell Micro LPGA Classic, to be played Sept. 8-14 on the Crossings Course at Magnolia Plantation on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail in Mobile, Ala. The full-field event is also scheduled to be played in 2009 and 2010.
â€œMobile has hosted the Mitchell Company LPGA Tournament of Champions on Mobileâ€™s Magnolia Grove courses for the past eight years,â€ said Mobile mayor Samuel Jones. â€œWe look forward to adding the new tournament in Mobile and are confident it also will be a tremendous success.â€
The TOC is discontinued whereas the new event is a full field. It also comes in a the second of three southern based LPGA stops. The scheduling and new format look sensible to me.
- Torrey Pines to host 2009 LPGA tournament
- Why have a rule if it isn’t enforced for everyone?
- LPGA Tour announces new tournament in Malaysia
- HSBC Champions in China elevated to World Golf Championship event
- Season opener- PGA Tour SBS Championship begins today
- PGA Tour’s Doral tournament in need of a new sponsor
- For all the tea- LPGA China event canceled for 2009
- The race to qualify for the ADT Championship
- How will the LPGA be affected by the current financial crisis?
- Will Cybergolf’s Dave Andrews please answer the White Courtesy phone
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed