It will be her first professional event since October 2007. From Golf Week-
Michelle Wie will make her 2008 LPGA debut at the Fields Open in Hawaii, according to a report in the Honolulu Advertiser.
The Fields, the second LPGA event of the season, will be held Feb. 21-23 at Ko Olina Golf Club in Honolulu. It will be Wieâ€™s first tournament since she finished second-to-last at the Samsung World Championship last October.
â€œIâ€™m excited to see Michelle because sheâ€™s spent so much time out here,â€ Ko Olina director of golf Greg Nichols told the Advertiser. â€œIt will be great to have her back. … This is her home course and I fully expect her to play well.â€
Wie finished third at the 2006 Fields Open, a shot out of a playoff; she did not play the event last year.
Michelle is a very talented golfer. If her wrists have healed, she should return to pre-2007 form. Her passing on the Sony Open was a good sign, lets hope there are more in the year ahead.
- Michelle Wie withdraws from the Ginn Tribute
- Michelle Wie confident but says injured wrists will never be the same
- Michelle Wie won’t play at Sony Open
- Michelle Wie to play in another PGA Tour event
- Happy 18th Birthday Michelle Wie
- Move over Michelle Wie?
- Michelle Wie Makes Cut in Men’s Event
- No brainer- Michelle Wie invited to play at the Kraft Nabisco Championship
- Michelle Wie withdraws from John Deere Classic
- Move over Michelle Wie Part VI
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed