Heatley was the Senators’ second leadin scorer at the time of his injury. From AP-
OTTAWA — The Ottawa Senators’ Dany Heatley will be sidelined up to six weeks because of a separated right shoulder. He’ll miss Sunday’s game against the New York Islanders, ending a streak of 205 straight games with the Senators.
Heatley crashed into the end boards with Detroit forward Dallas Drake in the second period of Saturday’s 3-2 victory over the Red Wings. He was slouched over when he left the ice, favoring his right shoulder.
It’s a significant loss for the Senators (29-10-4), who hold a seven-point lead atop the Eastern Conference. The 26-year-old has 56 points (25 goals, 31 assists) in 43 games this season, good for seventh place in the NHL scoring race. Heatley is also second in the league with a plus/minus rating of plus-31.
Heatley joined he Senators in a trade with Atlanta in August 2005, and has recorded 264 points (125 goals, 139 assists) with the team
Even with Heatley injured, I predict Ottawa to lead the Eastern conference at the end of the regular season. As long as the left winger returns to the lineup, I stick to my prediction that the Senators win the Stanley Cup next spring.
- Ottawa Senator Daniel Alfredsson scores 7 pts in win over Tampa Bay
- Ottawa Senators trade Dany Heatley to San Jose
- Crushed- Ottawa Senators beat Tampa Bay Lightning 7-1
- Let the trading begin- Columbus sends Goalie Pascal Leclaire to Ottawa
- Ottawa Senators fire coach John Paddock
- Ottawa Senators suffer 1st 7-game skid since 1996
- Ottawa Senators’ Daniel Alfredsson out with a fractured jaw
- Florida Panthers- Even more pain
- Boston Bruins forward Marco Sturm out for the season
- Edmonton Oiler Ales Hemsky out for the season
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
- Ottawa Senator Daniel Alfredsson scores 7 pts in win over Tampa Bay linked with OTB Sports
Comments are Closed