If you don’t believe me, check out the screen capture or go vist Golfweek’s website and see what is listed under LPGA news.
Believe me now? The careless golf media has struck again. Maybe the magazine needs to do something outlandish every week. First it was a noose, now Phil Mickelson’s gender, what’s next? A Martian wants to try for a PGA Tour card?
Here is a website where Phil’s breasts have been discussed. Will Phil be wearing a skirt in San Diego this weekend? If he does, expect those Phil lovers at Golf World to put it on the cover even if he or I mean she finishes dead last. Stay tuned.
In all seriousness, the Golf media has ignored the biggest golf news of last week, the Philippines team winning the Women’s World Cup. That was a monumental upset, but very few people are talking about it. Phil Mickelson being ill, or he and Tiger making their first appearances of 2008, or just speculating on what these two golfers are about to do this year, are all more signifigant to the people covering the sport. A pretty sad state of affairs for women’s golf and the golf media, don’t you think?
Added note- Being nice, I called Golfweek and informed someone named Ryan about their little mistake. He said it will fixed soon. So I bet the link won’t be working shortly. Isn’t snagit wonderful?
2nd added note- Golfweek fixed their front page but didn’t fix their LPGA news page. They are so incompetent they can’t do their corrections right.
- Beth Ann Baldry- Britain, Canada, what’s the difference?
- Judy Rankin, Hall of Fame Golfer, Has Breast Cancer
- LPGA Tour adds China stop to 2008 Tour schedule
- LPGA Commissioner Carolyn Bivens speaks
- Golfweek noose elicits strong reaction
- Michelle Wie to enter LPGA Qualifying School
- LPGA Tour Founder and AP female athlete of the year winner Patty Berg dead at 88
- Juggernaut- Inbee Park wins the US Open
- The outrage- Annika Sorenstam’s ADT drug test
- LPGA + McDonald’s + The Golf Channel= A ‘Major’ Disaster
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed